Call me crazy, but this week I'm all about throwing the most fabulous party imaginable for myself. No, it's not my birthday, I haven't graduated or gotten a promotion, I really have no official reason to be planning this party. I'm doing it because I feel like it and because I'm worth it (and because I've become exhausted by all of the parties I have been organizing and attending lately). That's why I'm taking the night off for a little me party time. I canceled my plans for Friday evening and assembled the fixings for a delicious meal with a delectable dessert. Just because I'm celebrating solo doesn't mean that things won't be stylish. I'll mix my favorite cocktail while I munch on candied walnuts and sip my preferred wine while I savor every bite of my souffle. To see exactly what sort of drinks I'll be pouring for my most wonderful guest (myself!),
I'll start my celebration the second I get home from work with a classic vodka (grey goose, is there really any other kind?) martini shaken, not stirred, with three olives. I keep martini glasses chilling in my freezer for any unexpected martini moment. For dinner I'll purchase, chill, pop, and sip a small bottle of expensive Champagne (I'm totally worth it). Ever since I first tasted it at my grandfather's house I have been crazy about Dom Perignon with its teeny tiny bubbles and smooth refreshing palette. For all of you non drinkers out there I suggest pineapple rosemary water a deliciously cool concoction that will awaken your senses.
Party's Perfect Vodka Martini
From PartySugar (hey I was a bartender!)
2 1/2 oz vodka (recommended grey goose)
1/2 oz dry vermouth
3 green olives on a tooth pick
martini glass, preferably chilled
- Fill the martini glass with ice. Carefully pour the vermouth into the glass and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and the vodka. Shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds. You want ice crystals to form in the vodka.
- Carefully pour out the ice being sure to coat the entire glass with vermouth.
- Strain vodka into glass and garnish with olives.
Warning: it is not highly advised to drink three or more of these potent babies in a short amount of time. Trust me you will only end up with a horrible headache.
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil with 3 sprigs rosemary.
- Remove from the heat, add the pineapple, sparkling water, and refrigerate for several hours for the flavors to meld.
- Discard the rosemary sprigs and transfer the drink to a pitcher filled with ice. Garnish with the remaining fresh rosemary sprig.
What will you pour yourself for your luxurious love-fest? Tell me about it below. Stay tuned there is more pampering party on the way. Tomorrow I'll tell you a few at home spa treatments.