For a large dinner party select a specialty cocktail that can be made in advance and in a large batch. This recipe for a white wine sangria gets an Asian twist with the addition of canned lychees and sake. It will pair perfectly with spring rolls and Chinese noodles.
- 3 pears, sliced
- 3 oranges, sliced
- 6 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 24 canned lychees, drained
- 1 1/2 pineapples, peeled and cut into large chunks
- One 750-milliliter bottle vodka
- One 750-milliliter bottle Sauvignon Blanc or other dry, citrusy white wine
- One 750-milliliter bottle sake
- In an airtight container or large bowl covered with plastic wrap, combine all of the ingredients except the ice and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Strain the mixture into a punch bowl, discarding all of the fruit except for the lychees.
- Add enough ice to chill the sangria to serving temperature. Serve in ice-filled white wine glasses.
Makes 18 drinks.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- Other Asian