Have no time to plan an extravagant Mexican meal for Cinco de Mayo? No matter. I've got the perfect menu for a delicious dinner that's easy to put together — complete with a decadent dessert. Ice cream sundaes are ideal because they're fast and guests can help with the assemblage. This recipe expertly employs three simple flavors — ripe strawberries, creamy dulce de leche, and rich Mexican chocolate — to create one stunning dessert. Don't hesitate to get creative, the spicy chocolate sauce is scrumptious slathered over any combination of ice cream and berries. Learn the technique and
- 6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pints dulce de leche ice cream
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (about 1 pound), hulled, quartered
- Place first 4 ingredients in medium metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water; stir until smooth.
- Divide ice cream among 6 bowls. Sprinkle berries over. Spoon warm or room-temperature sauce over.
- Desserts, Ice cream