When one hears the words, Cinco de Mayo, Mexican beer, and classic margaritas come to mind. However, why not shake things up and surprise guests with a different cocktail?
The agave negro combines tequila, lime juice, and blackberries to create a cocktail that is as refreshing as it is beautiful. A splash of Chambord provides the blush color and club soda adds a touch of fizz. To check out the recipe,
- 2 blackberries, plus 1 blackberry and 1 lime wheel skewered on a pick
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/2 ounce Chambord
- 1 ounce chilled club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the 2 blackberries.
- Add the ice, tequila, lime juice, Simple Syrup, and Chambord. Shake well and pour into a rocks glass.
- Stir in the club soda and garnish with the skewered blackberry and lime wheel.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails