If hosting a graduation party for recent high school grads, be sure to keep a close eye on the alcohol. While I wouldn't suggest not serving it at all, I would make sure that your underaged guests know what they can and can not drink. The last thing you want is some kids parents suing you for serving them drinks at your grad bash! Luckily the party I am planning this week is for a college graduate, meaning all of the guests will be of drinking age. The invitation stated that champagne will be consumed, so I'll make sure to have plenty of bubbly for everyone to make a toast together. Not everyone enjoys more than one glass of champagne, so I'll offer a specialty cocktail appropriately called The Graduate. Cold beers are perfect for dads and a refreshing pineapple mint lemonade is a perfect non-alcoholic option. Take a look at the recipe and make sure you have all of the ingredients before you go to the store,
juice of 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 1/2 oz Southern Comfort peach liqueur
1 oz pineapple juice
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice. Shake, then strain into a glass filled with ice.
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup water (For less tart lemonade, use 1 cup water instead of 2/3 cup)
1 can (46 ounces) DOLE® Pineapple Juice
1 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Combine sugar and water in large saucepan; bring to boil. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice and chopped mint; let stand 15 minutes.
- Strain lemonade into large pitcher; discard chopped mint. Serve over ice cubes in tall glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Alternative: combine 2 cups Pineapple-Mint Lemonade with 2 cups mineral or sparkling water. Serve over ice. Makes 4 servings