For an Italian-style seafood dinner on Christmas Eve, plan on pouring Italian wines and an Italian cocktail called sgroppino. This icy concoction is made with vodka, Prosecco, and lemon sorbet. The recipe serves 2, but it's easily alterable to make a large batch.
Purchase extra Prosecco for those who prefer a glass of bubbly solo.
With the feast of seven fishes offer guests a Tuscan white like Vernaccia, and a light, fruity red like Sangiovese. To look at the cocktail recipe,
- 1 cup chilled Prosecco (Italian sparkling white wine)
- 2 tablespoons chilled vodka
- 1/3 cup frozen lemon sorbet
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Pour the Prosecco and vodka into two champagne flutes, dividing equally.
- Spoon a scoop of sorbet into each flute. Sprinkle with mint and serve immediately.
Makes 2 drinks.
- Drinks, Cocktails