Nothing says "hello, Summer" more than an icy, cold, fruity popsicle! Refreshing and delicious, these watermelon cucumber popsicles are the perfect finish to a classic popsicle molds and sticks, it's worth the investment because homemade popsicles are sublimely divine. This recipe would even be exceptional with a little vodka added! To take a look,
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 pounds seedless watermelon
- 1 pound cucumber
- 2 limes, juiced
- Place the sugar and 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside to cool completely.
- Cut the watermelon into chunks, discarding the rind.
- Peel the cucumbers, and cut into pieces.
- Purée each in a blender. You should produce 4 cups of watermelon purée and 2 cups of cucumber.
- Combine the two purées with 2 cups sugar syrup, and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove any remaining lumps.
- Stir in the lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze for several hours until hard. The popsicles are best made early in the morning or a day before serving.
Serves 10 to 12.
Make ahead: The Popsicles can be unmolded and stored in an airtight container separated by layers of parchment.
- Desserts, Frozen
- North American