No Memorial Day celebration should be without strawberries. The plump juicy berries are at the peak of their season now, so take advantage of them! You could incorporate them into an appetizer, salad, or dessert, but why not use this luscious fruit to mix up a tantalizing cocktail? This punch recipe serves a crowd (18 people!) and is packed with vibrant flavors. Vodka is combined with Cointreau and ginger ale to make a drink that is fizzy and refreshing. Although it calls for frozen cherries, if they have already popped up at your farmers market, substitute fresh.
Don't forget plenty of beer, wine, water, and sodas — it is a party! For the recipe to the jewel punch,
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Three 12-ounce bags frozen cherries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 cups purple grape juice, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or triple sec
- Ice, for serving
- Combine the ginger ale, cherries, strawberries, grape juice, vodka and Cointreau in a punch bowl or large pitcher and stir well.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and enjoy!
- Drinks, Cocktails