Although the 4th of July has come and gone, summer is here to stay (well at least for the next 2 months!), making it the perfect time to throw a pool party. This week I'm all about bikinis, water balloons, and blended cocktails, so come party with me by following my pool party plan. A pool party is a "the more the merrier" type of party where you can invite people from different groups of friends to come together to enjoy the glorious weather and cool off in the water. When inviting a lot of people to any event, keep the invites as simple as possible. A chic flyer invite with images of water are ideal because they are easily mass produced and can be sent though regular email. To see how I made my invites,
To make an invitation similar to the one seen here, you will need:
- images of pools
- image of girl in bikini
- computer & printer or email
To assemble an invitation similar to the one seen here:
- Start by finding several images of pools that you find pleasing to the eye. Drag and drop them into either Photoshop or Microsoft Word. Arrange them into an interesting collage.
- Insert text boxes with the details of the party. For mine I used Arial Rounded MT bold in sizes 18 and 14. Here is what I wrote:
The time has come to dive into summer!
Please join PartySugar
in cooling off this
Saturday July 14th, 2007
by taking a dip in the pool.
2:30 in the afternoon
Walnut Creek, CA
directions to follow
bikinis & board shorts requested
- Place the image of the girl in the desired space.
- Ask a friend or family member to proofread the invitation. Once you are satisfied, save to your desktop and send in an email to everyone you know. Be sure to tell friends that they can forward the invite on to more people.
Are you hosting a pool party this summer?! Please share the details of your invitation below!