Although I'm not the most interested follower of football season, I love to tailgate. For my first tailgate of the season, I've decided to do something a little different. Instead of serving a classic menu, I'm going to do a dip-themed party. Before I can look for recipes, I have to make and send the invitations. To learn how I made the easy, emailable invites shown here,
To make a similar invite you will need the following supplies:
- image of your team in action
To assemble the invite:
- Start by dragging the image into Photoshop.
- Create a new blank file.
- Copy and paste the image into the file. Shrink to fit so the image is inside a border.
- With the eye-dropper tool select a color from the image. Since Cal's colors are blue and gold I chose the gold. Fill in the border with the paint bucket tool, so the outside is all one color.
- Insert a text box and write out the details of the party. For my invite I wrote the following message in size 6, Handwriting Dakota font:
Are you ready for some football?
Please help me cheer on the California Golden Bears!
Saturday October 4, 2008
Tailgate: 12 noon Gametime: 3 pm
call for exact location: 415.555.5555
- Check the text for spelling and grammar mistakes. Save as a jpeg.
- Attach as an email and send to all of your friends. Or upload to an evite web page and invite friends that way. Alternately, print out on thick white cardstock and send in an addressed envelope.