The holidays are a great time to break out the old punch bowl. I'll be dusting off mine Friday for a tree-trimming party and filling it with this sparkling pomegranate punch. Made with Prosecco and no hard alcohol, this red-hued concoction is a sublime blend of pomegranate juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, and limeade. You can mix the ingredients in advance and stir in the bubbly the moment guests arrive. Since it is the holidays, consider getting a sparkling jasmine tea for those who don't drink. Also have beer, water, and eggnog on hand. To look at the punch recipe,
- 1 quart pomegranate juice
- 2 cups fresh orange juice, strained
- 2 cups chilled limeade
- One 750-milliliter bottle Prosecco
- Lime and orange slices, for garnish
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a punch bowl, combine the pomegranate juice, orange juice and limeade.
- Pour in the Prosecco; float lime and orange slices on top. Ladle into 12 ice-filled glasses, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.
- Drinks, Cocktails