Thanksgiving doesn't have to be all about the turkey. That's why I'm planning a vegetarian Thanksgiving this week . From the invite to the menu to the decor, I've got everything you need to make this meatless Thanksgiving memorable. To get things started you will have to send an invitation. To see how I made this festive one,
To make an invite similar to the one seen here, you will need:
- colored cardstock
- decorative paper
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new Word document. Write out the correct details of the party. Mine happened to make a V shape so I decided to make the entire invite into a V in honor of it being a vegetarian event. I used the font Savoye LET, size 24, to write out the following info:
You’re invited to a Vegetarian Feast
That celebrates Thanksgiving
Thursday, November 22, 2007
5 o’clock in the afternoon
La Casa de PartySugar
Print out a test copy of the text and check for mistakes. Once happy with the look and grammar, print out on the colored cardstock.
- Cut the invite down to the desired shape and size.
- With another piece of cardstock, cut out the same V shape as the invite, only 1/2 inch larger.
- Cover this piece of cardstock with the decorative paper.
- Glue the text to the decorative paper.
- Glue the feathers to the front of the invite in an attractive arrangement.
- Let dry, slide into an envelope and send.