- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine flour, boiling water, and sesame oil; stir quickly to incorporate. Slowly add up to 4 tablespoons cold water to for a soft dough. Knead about 5 minutes. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into four pieces. Roll one part into a large, thin round. Brush evenly with vegetable oil, then sprinkle with scallions and salt.
- Roll up the round tightly; pinch ends to spiral. Spiral roll into a snail shape. Flatten with palms for a thicker bread, or roll for a thin one. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy skillet; cook each round until golden brown, shaking pan frequently, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Other, Breads
- 4 rounds