- 3 ears fresh white corn, husked and corn cut from the cob
3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (3 ounces)
1 cup fine plain panko breadcrumbs, divided
1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
1 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoons minced cilantro, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup crème fraîche, for serving
- In a food processor, pulse the corn into a chunky puree. Place in a medium bowl. Add the cheese, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, chives, sour cream, chipotle chile, 1 tablespoon chipotle chiles in adobo, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Form the mixture into small balls and then flatten into patties, each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Coat the patties in the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Brush the patties with olive oil and grill until toasted, 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Arrange the corn cakes on a platter and top with a dollop of crème fraîche.
- Vegetables, Appetizers
- North American