- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 8-inch square loaf of cornbread, homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups homemade or low-sodium canned chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a large saute pan. Add onions, garlic, and celery; cook over medium heat until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl, and add the onion mixture, parsley, thyme, oregano, eggs, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered 2-quart casserole or large ovenproof skillet, and bake until golden on top and cooked through, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve hot.
- Side Dishes, Stuffing/dressing