- 4 (6-ounce) snapper or other firm white fish fillets
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg white
3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
Vegetable cooking spray
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray or line with nonstick aluminum foil. Spray a rack with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle fish with red pepper, paprika, cumin, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk egg white and 1 tablespoon water in a medium bowl. Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge fish in flour, shake off excess, and dip in egg white mixture. Dredge in cornflakes, coating completely.
- Place the prepared wire rack coated with cooking spray inside the large baking pan. Arrange fish in a single layer on rack; coat top of fish lightly with cooking spray, and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp and browned. Serve with side salad and lemon wedges.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American