When it comes to Summer treats, two of my favorites are sticky-sweet cotton candy and refreshing iced tea. Imagine my surprise when I discovered a beverage that combines the two! Cotton candy rooibos blend from David's Tea captures childhood carnival nostalgia in a cup.
While it's great served alone (it's so authentic-tasting we even included it in our July must haves), cotton candy tea becomes even more perfect for the season when prepared as a "TeaPop," essentially iced tea topped with bubbly water.
While the tea is already sweetened with sprinkles and colorful brittle, agave sweetener is a great addition if you're looking to add an extra pop to your TeaPop.
- 5 teaspoons David's Tea cotton candy rooibos blend
- 1/2 cup hot water (205°F)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 2 teaspoons agave sweetener, optional and to taste
- Brew tea in hot water for 4-7 minutes. Stir in agave sweetener if desired.
- Fill a glass with ice. Strain tea, and pour into the glass until 1/4 full. Top with soda water, and stir gently to mix.
- Drinks, Tea
- About 2 glasses