When you think of Disney, chances are Dole Whip is one of the first things that comes to mind. It's a staple for anyone who's enjoyed the crooning of all the birds in the Tiki Room, and it's the most delicious and refreshing snack while walking around the parks. But when you can't go to the parks, why not bring a little bit of them to you? You can now enjoy your very own pineapple whip from the comfort of your home whenever you want with this no-ice-cream-maker-required DIY frozen treat. So curb your pineapple cravings by making this at-home version!
- 2 (20-ounce) cans Dole crushed pineapple
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of the liquid.
- Into a blender, place pineapple, reserved pineapple juice, lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into two 1-quart freezer bags and store bags flat in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours or until the mixture is a slushy consistency.
- In a large bowl, gently fold the pineapple slush into the whipped cream until incorporated. Cover bowl and return to the freezer for at least an hour or until the mixture is frozen.
- Desserts, Frozen
- 6-8 Servings
- Total Time
- 4 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds