- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped*
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving a slight overhang on all sides.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa and salt. Fold in flour until combined.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using parchment. Remove parchment, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely. Cut into 9 squares.
Makes 9 2 1/2-inch squares.
*When I made this, I used mint dark chocolate because I wanted a mint flavor in the brownies.
- Desserts, Brownies
- North American