- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, medium or short grain
2 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the rice into an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Once the water boils, pour it over the rice, stir to combine, and cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.
- Side Dishes, Rice