- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- A pinch of brown sugar
- 3 cups arugula
- one small shallot, thinly sliced
- 12 1/2-inch-thick slices cranberry-walnut bread
- 3 oz. strong blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and brown sugar; whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula and shallot. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes, or until lightly crisped. Remove from oven.
- When the bread has cooled slightly but is still warm, transfer to a serving platter. Distribute blue cheese evenly over toasts, spreading a liberal layer over each.
- Evenly divide the dressed arugula mixture on top of the toasts.
- Appetizers, Crostini