There are many ways to season fish, but one great technique for super juicy salmon is to use both a marinade and spice rub. This recipe does just that: it gives the salmon a double dose of seasonings. First, the salmon is soaked in a bath of orange juice, olive oil, and thyme. This mixture seeps into the fish and ensures a moist interior. Next, the salmon is rubbed with brown sugar, paprika, and cinnamon. This blend creates a tasty crust on the outside of the fish. The resulting salmon is perfectly cooked — flaky, rich, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. It's served on a bed of wilted spinach, and for a hearty pairing, offer baked brown rice on the side. Sound tasty? Get the recipe.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves , divided
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (10 ounces) fresh spinach leaves
- Mix orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil and 1 teaspoon of the thyme in small bowl. Place salmon in glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix brown sugar, smoked paprika, cinnamon, orange peel, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme and sea salt in small bowl.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Place in greased foil-lined baking pan. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Rub top of salmon evenly with smoked paprika mixture. Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until wilted. Serve salmon over spinach.
- Main Dishes, Fish