Shrimp fans rejoice! This peel-and-eat shrimp recipe is a revelation. It's everything you could want in a shrimp dish; it's quick, easy, and downright delicious. You'll be licking your fingers as you pop plump succulent shrimp after juicy flavorful shrimp in your mouth.
This recipe proves that sometimes the simplest of preparations are the most delicious. There's no exotic ingredients or special techniques. The shrimp is generously brushed with a mixture of olive oil, herbs, garlic, chile flakes, and lemon zest.
They're placed on the grill for a couple of minutes until they're pink. Once they're cool enough to handle, start peeling. These shrimp go like hot cakes! Serve as an appetizer or an entrée alongside a large salad. You've got to make these shrimp, so get the recipe now.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 16 jumbo shrimp, shell on, butterflied from underneath
- Set up the outdoor grill for direct-heat cooking over high heat.
- Mix the olive oil with the dried and fresh oregano, red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, and some sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Brush the shrimp generously with the oil mixture.
- Place the shrimp, shell side down, on the grill and cook for 3 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 30 seconds until just opaque.
- Remove from the grill, brush the remaining oil mixture over the shrimp, and serve.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern