- 5 ounces baby spinach (2 cups)
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper
5 celery stalks, peeled and cut into 2-inch strips
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
1 bunch of radishes, cleaned and halved
- Preheat oven to 350. Make the dip: Wash the spinach, leaving some water clinging to the leaves. Transfer to a large saucepan. Cover, and steam spinach over medium heat, stirring once, until wilted, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove spinach using a slotted spoon, and let cool.
- Squeeze out excess liquid using a kitchen towel; coarsely chop.
- Pulse ricotta and cannellini beans in food processor until smooth. Add shallot, lime zest, and salt, and quickly pulse. Season with pepper and add spinach.
- Transfer to a 1-quart baking dish. Bake until bubbling, about 30 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve warm with crudites.
Makes 3 cups.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American