If you're hosting a party this holiday, bring the Winter wonderland to your home with a snowy layer cake that's sure to dazzle any sweet tooth. Just don't let your guests in on how simple this dessert is to make. Without any oven time, and only five ingredients, the candy-cane-tinged layers come together in less than 30 minutes of active prep. The hardest part? Waiting for the cake to set!
See the recipe for this delicious and festive dessert.
- 1-1/4 cup whipping cream, chilled
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa), or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 chocolate wafer ice cream sandwiches
1 candy cane, finely crushed
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whip the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; gently fold in coffee liqueur or vanilla.
- Line a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides. Position two of the ice cream bars side by side lengthwise at the bottom of the pan. To finish the base, cut another ice cream bar in half lengthwise and place in the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Top layer with an even layer of half the whipped cream, then sprinkle with one-third of the crushed candy cane.
- Layer with the remaining three ice cream bars, topping with another even layer of whipped cream, and another third of the crushed candy cane. Transfer to freezer for at least four hours.
- Using paper overhang as an aid, gently lift ice cream cake out of loaf pan; transfer cake to serving tray. Garnish with remainder of crushed candy cane.
- Desserts, Ice cream