- All-purpose flour, for dusting
1/2 recipe Pate Brisee (Pie Dough)
8 firm but ripe apricots (about 1 1/2 pounds), pitted and cut into sixths
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat, and set aside on a floured surface. Roll dough out to a 14-inch circle, and place on paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss apricots together with sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice, and zest. Place apricot mixture on the center of the dough. Spread out, leaving a 2-inch border of dough; turn ends of apricots upward. Fold the dough up and over the apricots, making a crease or fold every 4 to 5 inches to enclose fruit and prevent juices from seeping out.
- Brush dough thoroughly with heavy cream; sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes, and lower oven temperature to 375 degrees, rotating baking sheet 45 degrees. Continue to bake until tart is evenly browned and apricots are bubbling, about 25 minutes more.
- Transfer tart from baking sheet to a cooling rack, and cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes two 9-inch tarts.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- North American