Of all the savory pastries out there, quiche is shockingly simple to prepare at home. And when it comes to classic flavors, you can't go wrong with bacon, cheese, and spinach. It's a salty, satisfying combination that works for any meal morning, noon, and night.
This quiche is a rich combination of flavors with flaky, buttery crust, fluffy egg center, smoky bacon pieces, and crispy cheese topping. Pair it with a lightly dressed green salad to offset the heaviness. Keep reading for a fast, easy quiche recipe.
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups fontina or swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups spinach
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease 4 individual (4 1/2-inch) pie dishes or spring form pans with butter or nonstick spray. Lay out pie crusts, and cut out 4 round pieces, each 6 1/2-inches in diameter. Press pie crust pieces into each pie dish. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs. Then add milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- In each pie dish, divide bacon, spinach, then shredded cheese. Using a tablespoon, divide egg mixture on top of each quiche, leaving about 1/4-inch of headspace between egg mixture and top of pie crust. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until egg mixture is set and cheese starts to brown. Remove from pie pan or spring form when cool enough to touch. Serve warm or cold.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Quiches