- 8 oz bulk sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby arugula (about 3 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1 large prebaked thin pizza crust
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Brown sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Drain off most of fat.
- Add red onion and arugula, sauté 2 minutes or until arugula is wilted, then stir in roasted red pepper strips. Spread crust with 1⁄2 cup ricotta; top with sausage mixture.
- Dollop with remaining ricotta; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake directly on oven rack 8 minutes.
- Main Dishes, Pizza