- 1/2 cup pearl (Israeli) couscous
1/2 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed, then halved
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
5 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1 pinch of sugar
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Cook couscous in well-salted boiling water, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in sugar snaps 3 minutes before couscous is done. Drain and transfer to a bowl, then stir in 1/2 tablespoon butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- While couscous and sugar snaps cook, toss shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Heat remaining tablespoon butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides. Sauté shrimp, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes total. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add wine, tomato, and sugar to skillet and boil until tomato starts to fall apart, about 4 minutes. Return shrimp to skillet and stir in tarragon.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve shrimp and pan sauce on top of pearl couscous.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern