- 1/2 cup instant polenta
1/4 pound pancetta, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 (14-ounces) can diced tomatoes in juice
1 pound cleaned large shrimp
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook polenta according to package instructions in a heavy medium saucepan until thickened and creamy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt, then cover.
- Cook pancetta, garlic, and red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring, until garlic is pale golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Spoon polenta into shallow bowls and top with shrimp mixture. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, season with pepper, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish
- North American