Everyone has different holiday traditions. One of mine, apparently, is becoming obsessed with a festive and seasonal cocktail recipe. Last year I was all about sparkling Shiraz punch. The December before I went gaga for a cranberry-amaretto kiss. 2009's beverage of choice? This sparkling pomegranate punch! It has all the necessary elements of a fabulous holiday drink. It's vibrantly colored, serves a crowd, and incorporates sparkling wine. It's a refreshing, delightful punch that's not to sweet but simply wonderful. Don't skip the pomegranate seed garnish; they are like floating jewels. To check out the recipe,
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- Two 750-milliliter bottles sparkling wine, chilled
- 3/4 cup late-harvest white wine, such as late-harvest Riesling, chilled
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Ice cubes, for serving
- In a punch bowl, dissolve the sugar in the pomegranate juice, stirring vigorously.
- Add the sparkling wine and late-harvest white wine, then add the orange slices and pomegranate seeds. Serve the sparkling pomegranate punch over ice cubes.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American