- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Adjust oven racks to highest and middle positions. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pierce each potato 8 times with a fork. Place directly on middle oven rack, and bake until tender when pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and use a small spoon to scoop out insides, leaving about 1/4-inch shell all around. Reserve insides for another use. Slice each potato shell in half again lengthwise to make 16 wedges, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Combine oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, and brush on all sides of potato wedges. Bake on highest rack until crisp and edges are golden, about 20 minutes. Season with salt.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American