Tonight, serve your family a meal that comes together in minutes. This tostada recipe is great because it's full of flavor and texture. There's a satisfying crunch thanks to the tostada base, a crispness from the filling black bean and corn salad, and richness provided by the cheddar cheese and sour cream. Although the ingredients are classic Tex-Mex, the extra veggies make it healthier than nachos. The recipe calls for turkey, but feel free to substitute shredded chicken or ground meat. For the wildly simple method,
- 3-1/2 ounces roast turkey, from the deli counter, finely diced (3/4 cup)
- ¼ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons fresh corn kernels or thawed frozen corn
- 1 small ripe tomato, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce or hot sauce, to taste
- ¼ cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup plain reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 flat corn tostada shells, such as Bearitos brand
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, black beans, corn, tomato, lime juice, chipotle sauce and cheese.
- Pack the turkey mixture, sour cream, tostadas, lettuce and chives separately until ready to use. To serve, spread some sour cream on each tostada. Top each tostada with some of the turkey mixture, lettuce and chives.
- Salads, Main Dishes