- 6 medium baking potatoes (2 pounds)
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
2/3 cup finely chopped red or green sweet pepper
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
1 cup shredded processed Gruyere cheese or shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- For potato skins, prick baking potatoes with a fork. Bake in a 425ºF oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender. Cut into quarters.
- Scoop out the insides (reserve for another use), leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Brush both sides of potato skins with melted margarine or butter. Place cut side up on a large baking sheet. Bake in a 425ºF oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, for topping, in a medium saucepan cook the red or green sweet pepper, onion, pecans, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown. Remove saucepan from heat and cool slightly. Stir in the cheese, crumbled bacon, and chives. Spoon onto potato skins.
- Return to oven and bake about 2 minutes more or until cheese melts.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 171, Total Fat (g) 11, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 12, Sodium (mg) 115, Carbohydrate (g) 15, Protein (g) 5
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American