- 1/2 cup frozen peas
1 16-oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
8 slices dilled Havarti cheese (4 to 6 oz.)
4 flatbreads or pita bread
Romaine leaves and sliced tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place peas in 1-quart microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on 100 percent power (high) for 2 minutes.
- In food processor bowl or with an immersion blender, puree garbanzo beans, carrot, flour, 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1/4 tsp. salt. Stir in peas. Form mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat remaining oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned and heated through.
- Meanwhile, place flatbreads on baking sheet. Place two slices of cheese atop each flatbread. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Place 2 patties on each flatbread; fold over. Cut in halves and serve with romaine and tomato.
- Main Dishes, Beans
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern