- 4 slices wheat or multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoons sweet mustard
- 2 tablespoons Branston Pickle relish
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 1/2 Fuji apple, cut into thin slices
- 8 slices of smoked gouda cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat panini press. Alternately, if you don't own a panini maker, preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a cast-iron skillet inside the oven to warm for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread two slices of bread with pickle relish and the other two slices with mustard.
- On each pickle relish-coated slice, place two slices of ham, half the apple slices, and four slices of gouda. Cover with the mustard-coated slice.
- Cook the sandwiches in a panini press for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned. Or, coat a skillet with cooking oil and cook the sandwiches over medium-low heat for 5 minutes per side, until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned, using the hot cast-iron skillet to press the sandwiches.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American
- Makes 2 sandwiches