Let's celebrate Earth Day by making a healthy, vegan-friendly meal with earth grown vegetables. For an eco friendly dinner, purchase the greens, avocados, and mango at your local farmers market. A quick vinaigrette — made with passion fruit juice concentrate, dijon mustard, and Sherry vinegar — dresses this scrumptious salad. Pair with a wedge of cheese, a chunk of bread, and a glass of organic sparkling wine for a delicious dinner that celebrates our planet. To look at the recipe,
- 3 tablespoons frozen passion fruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 4 teaspoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds, coarsely cracked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups herb salad mix (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large ripe mango, halved, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 2 small avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, sliced
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend; gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad mix in large bowl with 1/4 cup dressing. Divide salad among 4 plates.
- Tuck mango and avocado into salad; drizzle some of remaining dressing over mango and avocado.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American