Happy 4th of July! Making a delicious all-American meal doesn't have to take all day: this juicy, grilled burger is ready in just twenty minutes. Instead of mixing the ground beef with minced vegetables, the meat is seasoned with a store bought horseradish mustard. The recipe tops the burger with white cheddar cheese, arugula, and red onion, but feel free to dress the pattie to your liking. To enjoy this classic dish tonight,
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. horseradish mustard
- 3 to 4 oz. white Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Arugula, tomato slices, and/or red onion slices (optional)
- In a large bowl combine beef, horseradish mustard, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper; mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- For charcoal grill, grill patties on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once.
- Top burgers with cheese during the last 1 minute of grilling. For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.
- Serve on buns with barbecue sauce. Add arugula, tomato and/or onions.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American