After a weekend of burgers and beers, opt for a lighter dinner menu tonight. Broiled salmon is quick, healthy, and scrumptious.
Served on a bed of wilted spinach dotted with creamy feta crumbles, this dish is perfectly balanced in both flavor and texture. Pine nuts add a necessary crunch that complements the plump, flaky fish, chewy greens, and tangy cheese.
Learn the technique when you
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bags (5 ounces each) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled (2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil until opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add as much spinach as will fit; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing spinach and adding more to skillet as space becomes available, until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in feta, pine nuts, and lemon juice. Serve salmon with spinach saute.
- Main Dishes, Fish