During Summer, kabobs are ideal for quick, simple dinners. While you can load the skewers with any proteins or vegetables, this recipe takes inspiration from the Caribbean. Chicken chunks are seasoned with jerk before being layered with bell peppers, red onions, and pineapples. The sweet, fresh fruit counteracts the spicy seasoning. To get the uncomplicated recipe,
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning (dry)
- 1 small pineapple, rind removed and pineapple cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Place chicken and jerk seasoning in resealable plastic food-storage bag. Shake bag to coat chicken with seasoning.
- Thread chicken, pineapple, bell pepper and onion alternately on each of eight 12-inch metal skewers, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece. Brush kabobs with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Cover and grill kabobs over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Poultry, Main Dishes