With Thanksgiving only two short days away, the last thing you need to be worrying about is what to make for dinner! To reduce stress, simply make this delicious and light pasta recipe tonight. It's a great last minute meal because it comes together in the amount of time it takes to boil and cook the pasta. Although it's quite uncomplicated, the ingredients — prosciutto and parmesan — make it elegant. Want the recipe? Please,
1/2 pound uncooked cavatappi
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 ounce very thin slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add garlic to pan, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add reserved 3 tablespoons cooking liquid and pasta to pan; let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, oil, salt, pepper, and prosciutto; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 313(30% from fat); FAT 10.4g (sat 2.7g,mono 5.6g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 12.4g; CHOLESTEROL 11mg; CALCIUM 103mg; SODIUM 555mg; FIBER 1.9g; IRON 2.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 43g