For an alternative presentation for lasagna, consider making lasagna rolls. Instead of layering the cheese and vegetables, the ingredients — in this case ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, and ranch — is spread on the pasta sheets and rolled up. Serve crusty garlic bread for mopping up the scrumptious sauce. Sound interesting? Check out the recipe when you
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups leaf spinach lightly packed
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch style dressing, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 jar (26 ounces) pasta sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Mix spinach, cheeses, 1/4 cup of Ranch and seasonings in large bowl.
- Set 1/2 cup of pasta sauce aside. Pour remaining sauce into greased shallow casserole dish at least 10 inches in diameter.
- To assemble, spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture on each noodle and roll up. Place curly side up, in casserole dish. Mix remaining Ranch with pasta sauce; drizzle over each roll up.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Pasta, Main Dishes