Whenever I want a hearty salad for dinner, I make a taco salad. Packed with tons of veggies, beans, and cheese, taco salads are divine and filling. This vegetarian version is served layered in a glass dish, almost like a trifle. The presentation is mouth-watering and the salad is delicious. The dressing is an interesting mix of guacamole, sour cream, and chili powder. Serve this salad with your favorite tortilla chips and cold Coronas. If you want the recipe,
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 6-ounce carton frozen avocado dip, thawed
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- In a 2-1/2-quart glass salad bowl layer black beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, olives, and onion.
- For dressing, in a medium bowl stir together avocado dip, sour cream, chili peppers, milk, garlic, and chili powder. Spread over the top of the salad. If desired, sprinkle with chopped tomato.
- Before serving, toss salad together and serve over crushed tortilla chips.
- Vegetables, Salads