I'm a sucker for minis and always look for recipes that shrink a dish to individual portions. This recipe for mini meat loaves does just that! Instead of making one large loaf and slicing it into pieces, give each member of your family a mini meat loaf patty.
With help from a premade tomato sauce, these meat loaves come together quickly and simply. Tender crisp green beans round out the menu for this comforting classic meal. For the recipe,
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup purchased pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped if large
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- 12-oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to boiling.
- In large bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add beef and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix well.
- Divide beef mixture in four equal portions. Shape each portion in a 5-1/2x2-inch oval.
- Place on 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Spoon on remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain; toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and red pepper.
- Serve with meat loaves. Sprinkle all with remaining basil leaves.
- Main Dishes, Beef
- North American