If you love the taste of vine-ripened tomatoes, you'll enjoy this fuss-free vegetarian meal. Three (fresh, sun-dried, and paste) types of tomatoes are combined in the blender to create a quick, no-cook sauce. Tossed with piping hot pasta, the sauce coats each and every cranny.
For extra decadence, grate on some Parmesan cheese. Pair it with a simple green salad, crusty garlic bread, and glass of white wine, and you've got an ultimate Italian meal. Check out the recipe when you
- 1 pound penne
- 2 medium tomatoes (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic and olive oil. Puree until smooth. Pour the tomato sauce into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce and toss well to coat. Serve the pasta piping hot.
- Pasta, Main Dishes