Although chicken and fish are common salad ingredients, the other white meat, pork, is not the first protein that comes to mind when making a dinner salad. Cook outside the box with this scrumptious salad.
Thin slices of roasted pork are placed on a bed of greens. A quick dressing that combines pineapple juice with honey mustard and fresh ginger is drizzled over the top. To impress your family with this clever recipe,
- 12 oz. pork tenderloin
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 6 cups torn romaine and/or spinach
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks and/or sliced fresh nectarines or peaches
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- 1 recipe Ginger-Pineapple Dressing, see below
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Trim fat from pork; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast pork for 20 minutes.
- Spoon mustard on pork. Roast 5 to 10 minutes longer or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 160 degrees F.
- Thinly slice pork.
- In four salad bowls or on plates arrange greens, pork, and fruit. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Stir ginger-pineapple dressing; drizzle on salads and enjoy.
Ginger-Pineapple Dressing: In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise dressing, 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice or orange juice, 1 tablespoon honey-mustard, and 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger. Cover; chill until serving time.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American