Using store bought mashed potatoes is a great way to make super quick fish cakes. Mix the potatoes with fresh salmon, bread crumbs, and chopped herbs for a firm, tasty cake. Serve the seared cakes on a bed of salad greens tossed with honey dijon vinaigrette.
This recipe also makes a great use of leftover mashed potatoes. To see how it's made,
- 14 oz. fresh skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cups refrigerated sour cream and chive flavored mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 5-oz. pkg. mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup bottled Honey-Dijon salad dressing
- Rinse and dry salmon. Place in 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish; cover with vented plastic. Microcook on high (100% power) for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Break in pieces.
- In bowl combine salmon, potatoes, bread crumbs, and dill.
- Form salmon mixture in eight 3-1/2-inch cakes.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook cakes over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until heated through and browned.
- Place salad greens on plates. Top with salmon-potato cakes; serve with salad dressing.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American