After a long week, the last thing you need to worry about is preparing a complex meal. Instead, throw together this filling and simple dish. Although the recipe cooks the Polish sausage and Summer squash in a saute pan over the stove, feel free to bring the ingredients outdoors.
Grill the meat and veggies then toss with the Italian dressing. Char the bread on the grill and you've got a no-mess meal ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Sound scrumptious? Get the recipe when you
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. cooked Polish sausage links, halved lengthwise, sliced diagonally
- 3 small yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 4 wedges Italian flat bread, split
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat broiler. In small bowl combine dressing and garlic.
- In extra-large skillet cook sausage and squash in 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread on broiler pan; brush with 1 tablespoon of the dressing mixture. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Serve sausage and squash with toasted bread. Drizzle remaining dressing; sprinkle green onions and oregano. Pass Parmesan cheese.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- North American