Have dinner on the table in minutes with this flavorful salmon dish. Select thin, six-ounce salmon fillets that are firm, but delicate. Once seared, the salmon takes on a buttery, melt-in-your mouth texture.
The fragrant sauce combines citrus juice with crisp fennel and salty olives. For a hearty meal, serve the salmon and vegetables atop couscous.
To look at the delicious recipe,
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented, plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 small fennel bulb (stalks removed), halved lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise, fronds reserved for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a medium bowl, combine orange segments and juice, fennel, olives, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining teaspoon oil over medium. Add salmon, flat side down; cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Turn salmon; cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes more. Serve salmon topped with orange mixture; garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American