Calling all vegetarians who love spicy food: this recipe is for you. It combines Asian flavors like fresh ginger and soy sauce with crunchy vegetables and sautéed tofu. Red pepper flakes provide heat while lime juice adds tartness.
For a heartier meal, serve over white rice. If you are allergic to peanuts, simply omit them from the dish. Check out the recipe when you
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 14-to 16-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained well, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add bell peppers, ginger, and garlic; sauté until peppers just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and green onions; toss 2 minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients. Toss to blend, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach in 3 additions, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute for each addition. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle peanuts over.
- Main Dishes, Tofu
- Other Asian